Posted in General, tagged Alberta, Alberta Stone, backsplash, Calgary, calgary stone, Canada Stone, canadian Stone, DIY, Edmonton, Edmonton Home show, faux stone, fireplace stone, kitchens, lethbridge, Lethbridge Home and Garden, Lethbridge Stone, manufactured stone, panel stone, real stone, rock, stone Calgary, veneerstone on April 18, 2013|
1 Comment »
is proud to introduce
for Spring 2013
Changing from winter to spring changes a lot of things and inspires everyone to spruce things up. Kodiak Mountain Stone is proud to announce some new profiles for Spring 2013. These profiles are slightly different than some of our current profiles but broaden and strengthen our overall product
Here are a few of our new profiles:
Glacier Dry Stack Ledge
Glacier has always been a popular color in our ready stack and with our new 3″ high profile it will continue to draw the eye with edge and color.
Colorado Rundle Stacked Stone
Similar to our current Frontier Ledge; we cross over the exclusive color of Colorado Rundle to give you a nice tight dry stack look
Glacier Stacked Stone
Perfect for interior or exterior use; this glacier color will provide accent and and texture to any project!
Walnut Stacked Stone
With warm tones of brown this Stack is going to be all the rage on any project. The rich color and sleek stack will enhance your home or business
Walnut Dry Stack Ledge
Long and narrow chiseled look gives a stacked ledge a rustic feeling and appearance that is perfect for the front of your home or a fireplace.
Black Diamond Cobble Ledge
With a old European feel; Cobble ledge blends architecture with style to highlight solid structural appearance. Dark coloring with contrast makes this stone stand out and makes it look authentic and aged.
RedStone Cobble Ledge
Gives you the antique look with the vibrant modern colors.
Stone was the building blocks of modern civilizations and shale ledge with its chiseled narrow look gives a warm historic feeling of centuries long gone.
We still have all our Kodiak Mountain Stone profiles available as well as being the exclusive dealer in Canada for Veneerstone. We have many profiles and colors available and in-stock for your next project.
Call us or visit one of our showrooms for more information.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Frequently Asked Questions, tagged artificial stone, Calgary, calgary stone, FAQ, home, House, Kodiak Mountain Stone, lethbridge, Lethbridge Stone, manufactured, manufactured stone, manufactured stone vs natural stone, natural, natural stone, rock, siding, stone, veneer, why manufactured stone, why natural stone on February 26, 2013|
Leave a Comment »
Question: What are the differences between the natural stone and the manufactured stone products that Kodiak Mountain Stone offers?
Natural Stone vs. Manufactured Stone
Kodiak Mountain Stone, Juniper Ridge Natural Stone fireplace
Kodiak Mountain Stone Manufactured Stone Fireplace
Both natural stone and manufactured stone are used to create lasting, beautiful projects. Kodiak Mountain Stone has a great selection of each and our staff can assist in helping make a decision. In the end, personal tase and preference may be the deciding factor in choosing natural vs. manufactured stone, but there are a few things to take into consideration when making your choice:
- Cost: In most cases, manufactured stone costs less than natural stone to purchase and install. With the manufactured stone products that Kodiak Mountain Stone supplies, they are typically very similar in price from one profile to the next.
- Weight: Manufactured stone weighs less than natural stone (approx. 10-12 lbs per square foot). This provides an advantage in the ease and cost of installation.
- Easy to Install: Manufactured stone is man-made and thus is designed for the ease of installation.
- Coloring: Kodiak Mountain Stone manufactured stone is colored all the way throughout the stone. This means if a stone is damaged or chipped, the coloring on the inside of the stone will match what is seen on the exterior of the stone.
Kodiak Mountain Stone supplies natural stone that is available in full-set or veneer. Our most popular natural stone styles that we sell are the veneered stones. Natural stone veneer is real stone that is either collected (i.e. fieldstone) or is quarried and the stone is then cut to a consistent thickness for use as a veneer.
- Strength: Natural stone is strong and durable. There is a misconception that all natural stone can be used in all climates. Like manufactured stone, some natural stone products (i.e. certain sandstones) need testing done to ensure they will stand up to the climate they are being used in. With our stores in Calgary and Lethbridge, Alberta we know our customers will face harsh weather conditions. Natural stone that we sell at Kodiak Mountain Stone will stand up to these conditions
- Selection: Kodiak Mountain Stone offers a variety of natural stone products that are brought in from quarries all throughout North America. Our selection of natural stone is very good and growing all of the time.
- Price: Natural stone prices vary due to many factors. At Kodiak Mountain Stone we have many natural stone profiles that are close to the same pricing as manufactured stone. However, natural stone typically costs more than manufactured stone, both for product and installation.
Whether you are looking for manufactured or natural stone, Kodiak Mountain Stone will have what you are looking for. We will help you to find the right product for an elegant, authentic and durable final project that you will be proud of. There are additional pros and cons to each product beyond what is listed here. Our intent is to help you become more informed in making a choice. Please comment and share any knowledge that you may have that would help our customers in making their decision.
Read Full Post »